With the holidays right around the corner and the parties ahead, planning can be stressful –
especially when you have to perfectly time what goes in the oven and when!
For this dessert, a simple chocolate tart, save the oven for something like prime rib or ham because no-baking is required! Start by pressing together a delicious chocolate crust made with those oh-so-famous chocolate cookies filled with vanilla crème and then fill it with rich ganache and chill it until ready to serve.
Trust us, you’ll be the star of the party with this decadent masterpiece.
No Bake Chocolate Tart
- 24 chocolate cookies with crème like Oreos
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick/56 g) butter, melted
- 170 g/6 oz (1 cup) coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate (two panther bars)
- 170 g/6 oz (1 cup) coarsely chopped milk chocolate (two otter bars)
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick/56 g) butter, cut into small pieces
Directions To Make The Crust
- PULSE cookies, with filling, in a food processor until finely ground.
- TRANSER crumbs to a medium bowl.
- ADD melted butter.
- MIX until combined and moistened.
- PRESS the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch (23cm) tart pan.
- PLACE it in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up before adding the filling (or, if you prefer a very crunchy crust, you can bake it in a 350F/180C preheated oven for about 8 minutes until fragrant and firm, then let it cool completely on a wire rack).
Directions To Make The Filling
- PLACE chopped dark and milk chocolate In a medium heatproof bowl and set aside.
- BRING the heavy cream and butter to a low boil In a small saucepan over medium heat.
- REMOVE from the heat and pour mixture over the chocolate.
- LET stand for 1 minute.
- STIR mixture using a rubber spatula until melted and smooth (if not completely melted, heat in the microwave for several seconds).
- POUR mixture over chilled crust and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours but preferably 6. Tart will keep, covered well, for up to 4 days in the fridge.
Makes One 9″ Tart