This year marks the 40th Anniversary of the Endangered Species Act, one of the most successful environmental laws in U.S. history. Friday, May 17, 2013 is the 8th annual Endangered Species Day – a day to spread awareness of species at-risk and to share success stories of species that have recovered. Join us in raising awareness!
- Attend an Endangered Specie Day event. Find one here!
- Spread the word on social media. Mention @savespecies in a tweet to help Endangered Species Coalition gain supporters (be sure to hashtag #ESDay). Or share a wildlife message with your Facebook friends (include @Endangered Species Coalition in your post so they can see your support).
- Learn about conservation efforts in your state! U.S. Fish and Wildlife’s interactive map can help you discover which species are being protected in your area.
- Use Endangered Species Coalition’s 10 Things You Can Do list to make simple changes that can have a big impact on species conservation.
Leave a comment
THE TWEET FEED
- RT @CarlaKnapp: Merry Christmas to all my coworkers! A gift for you & a gift for animal #conservation! @ESC_Chocolate http://t.co/0fPjj9h1RX
- RT @Earthjustice: How many grizzly bears do you count? Just an ordinary day in Alaska's Tongass rainforest... http://t.co/T8K4MUaRwv http:/…
- EXPLAINED: How Birds Make Do Without Outer Ears http://t.co/X4ccepMGbE via @HuffPostGreen