This year marks the 40th Anniversary of the Endangered Species Act, one of the most successful environmental laws in U.S. history. Friday, May 17, 2013 is the 8th annual Endangered Species Day – a day to spread awareness of species at-risk and to share success stories of species that have recovered. Join us in raising awareness!
- Attend an Endangered Specie Day event. Find one here!
- Spread the word on social media. Mention @savespecies in a tweet to help Endangered Species Coalition gain supporters (be sure to hashtag #ESDay). Or share a wildlife message with your Facebook friends (include @Endangered Species Coalition in your post so they can see your support).
- Learn about conservation efforts in your state! U.S. Fish and Wildlife’s interactive map can help you discover which species are being protected in your area.
- Use Endangered Species Coalition’s 10 Things You Can Do list to make simple changes that can have a big impact on species conservation.
Leave a comment
- Pumping out those Almond Butter Crème Filled Bars! #chocolate http://t.co/ArI40hUWPG
- RT @SaveHatchlings: #Mexico is home to many great spots to see sea turtles including Baja, the Yucatan & more. http://t.co/vRJoFp9UDa http:…
- Done with that denim? 6 cool things you can make with those old jeans. We like the whale. http://t.co/sERSSU4xqs
- RT @SaveHatchlings: Dolphins. Riding Whales. Wow. http://t.co/j7i4HjXTli