http://www.chocolatebar.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/blogpic_layered.jpg Layer bars have been hanging around recipe boxes for decades. Some may have butterscotch while others are loaded with nuts, but what they all have in common is blending several ingredients that are good on their own and even better together. This version incorporates all the components you would use to make s’mores, and then some. I think this would make a great take-a-long for your next cook out or trail side picnic. And of course, feel free to get creative, adding or replacing ingredients to make these bars your own.
Makes 1 9×13 Pan : Pre-heat 350 F
- 2 sleeves of Annie’s Organic Graham crackers, crushed
- 1 stick unsalted butter or vegan substitute
- 4 Endangered Species Chocolate 72% Smooth Dark Chocolate Bars (broken)
- 1 cup marshmallows, torn into pieces
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- ½ cup Endangered Species Chocolate Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 cup chopped cashews, pecans or almonds
- 1 can organic sweetened condensed milk or culinary coconut milk
Melt butter and add to crushed grahams. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes. Begin layering, starting with broken chocolate, then marshmallow, crushed pretzel, and dollops of hazelnut spread. Sprinkle coconut and cashews on top. Finish by pouring sweetened condensed milk all over the top, letting it ooze into the layers. Bake 12-15 minutes at 350 F. Refrigerate before serving to ease cutting into squares.