This recipe is one of my favorites! It’s easy, quick and most likely you already have all these ingredients on hand. These cookie bars travel well – a great way to pack a bit of homemade love on your next hike, picnic or packed lunch.
Oatmeal and Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 bar (3oz.) Endangered Species Chocolate Dark Chocolate with Almonds & Cranberries, coarsely chopped into 1/4″ chunks
- 1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
CREAM together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla. Add flour, salt and oats. Stir in chocolate and almonds.
SPRAY an 8″ square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour mixture into baking dish and spread evenly.
BAKE for 35-40 minutes, until top is slightly browned. Let cool. Cut into twelve 2″ squares or 24 bars.
Want another on-the-go homemade chocolate snack? You’ll use three 3oz Endangered Species Chocolate bars in this recipe, Dark Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bark with Sea Salt.
What is your favorite dessert to take on outdoor adventures? Share by commenting below.
Leave a comment
- 23 Healthy Office Snacks That Boost Memory + Brain Power via @snacknation http://t.co/TewiBE1DfE
- Starting our day with our new Cocoa Spreads on @Fox59!
- Get your hands on our new Cocoa Spreads online at @Vitacost and @VeganEssentials. #nonGMO #vegan #Fairtrade http://t.co/Ko3GSky63J
- Perfect 4 picnics: @PeanutButterCo @ESC_Chocolate Raspberry Dream Bars. TY @marigoldcrown for making it #vegan #GF http://t.co/3hGII6evmN
- ...and the survey says we want your input! Your answers will help mold future chocolates http://t.co/XtqKlWD9ku