March is national Nutrition Month; a great opportunity to assess your diet and get reacquainted with sound eating habits. So as you prep your plate with leafy greens and bright red fruits. don’t forget to add a touch of brown – chocolate brown, that is! We all have a need for something sweet and dark chocolate is a healthful way to indulge that desire. Scientific research shows that dark chocolate in small amounts can promote heart health, help cells resist damage from free radicals, and even help you better cope with stress.
Want to reap the maximum benefits from chocolate? Keep these 3 things in mind when selecting chocolate:
1. Aim for chocolate that has a 70% cocoa content or higher.
2. Make sure the first ingredient listed is chocolate liquor or cocoa (not sugar).
3. Choose natural and organic chocolate for a healthier planet and healthier you!
Cocoa contents of our dark chocolate at Endangered Species Chocolate range from 70-88%, chocolate liquor is the first ingredient listed on the nutritonal panel, and we offer natural and certified organic chocolate selections. Healthful never tasted so good!
What’s your preferred cocoa content?
Leave a comment
- Get your hands on our new Cocoa Spreads online at @Vitacost and @VeganEssentials. #nonGMO #vegan #Fairtrade http://t.co/Ko3GSky63J
- Perfect 4 picnics: @PeanutButterCo @ESC_Chocolate Raspberry Dream Bars. TY @marigoldcrown for making it #vegan #GF http://t.co/3hGII6evmN
- ...and the survey says we want your input! Your answers will help mold future chocolates http://t.co/XtqKlWD9ku
- RT @FairtradeMarkUS: Getting 1 new #Fairtrade item into your local store has a big impact! Here's how: http://t.co/yFvNeIKjJz http://t.co/y…