Have you heard? Endangered Species Chocolate has a new salted caramel filled chocolate bar that is out of this world! Soft, buttery caramel is laced with pure Pink Himalayan Sea Salt, and then wrapped with smooth 60% dark chocolate – it is a deadly combination. No one I’ve met that has tried it has stopped at just one square! In fact, a few of our employees have been caught polishing off nearly an entire bar on their own.
So when I sat down to write this month’s recipe post, I realized it was going to be a tough order to make something so great even better. I relied on classic food combinations to get the job done. Caramel and chocolate are tough to beat, add salt and you’ve upped the ante…..add PEANUT BUTTER and, well….mind blown. These peanut butter chocolate caramel pillow cookies were easy to make, and disappeared fast. Of course, taking a big old scoop of peanut butter and layering it straight on a square of our new salted caramel chocolate bar would be completely acceptable as well.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Caramel Pillow Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough (from Sally’s Baking Addiction)
Makes 14-16 cookies.
- ½ cup softened salted butter
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup creamy organic peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 recipe for Peanut Butter cookie dough (see above)
2-3 Endangered Species Chocolate Salted Caramel Filled Dark Chocolate bars, broken into squares
- Cream together butter and both sugars until smooth
- Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla, stirring between each addition
- Mix in baking soda and flour on low. Do not over mix!
- Chill for 30 minutes to an hour
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F
- Take 1 ½ – 2 tablespoon scoops, one at a time, and wrap around each individual square of chocolate, moving from the bottom, around the sides and sealing across the top to form a round, semi-flat cookie
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until the edges of the cookies just begin to brown
- Let cool just enough on the baking sheet until the cookies can be transferred by spatula to a plate or container