CARAMEL CHOCOLATE PASTRY PUFFS
Flaky pastry wrapped around the new @eschocolate Rich Caramel + Milk Chocolate bar and topped with toasted pecans. Are you drooling yet?
Well let us introduce you to the easiest and tastiest dessert to whip up: Caramel Chocolate Pastry Puffs by our friend @spoonful.of.something! A simple yet stunning dessert, where the star of the show is our NEW Rich Caramel + Milk Chocolate bar , which creates an ooey gooey chocolate center with a hidden caramel delight!
*Makes 6 pastries
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, frozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 bar of Endangered Species Rich Caramel + Milk Chocolate Bar
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, toasted
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Using a grater, carefully grate the frozen butter on the larger hole option of the grater. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, attach the dough hook. Mix together the flour, salt, and grated butter. Add in the water gradually. Allow the water to bring the dough together to form a ball. Do not over knead the dough.
- Lightly flour a surface and place the dough on top. Using a rolling-pin, roll the dough into a rectangle that is approximately 1/4 inch thick. Gently fold the dough into thirds. Wrap with plastic tightly and refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours.
- When ready, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Create the egg wash by mixing the egg and water in a bowl until they blend together. Set aside.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and gently unfold it. Cut the dough into 6 equal squares. Top each square with 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes and then a chocolate square. Wrap the pastry as you see fit.* Gently brush the pastry with the egg wash and sprinkle the chopped pecans on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes and then serve fresh!
Google “puff pastry fold” and search through the images for inspirations and instructions on different folding techniques!