CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA MUFFINS
If you’re not drizzling honey over your Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, what are you doing? This recipe, brought to us by Savannah Bee Company, features an indulgent combination of flavors and textures perfect for a morning bite or afternoon treat.
Savannah Bee Company is dedicated to educating children and adults about the important role bees play as pollinators of our food.
“As an integral part of our ecosystem and facing an abundance of threats in our evolving world, bees need all the help we can give them,” they said. “Acts big and small can have a positive impact on the bees and their future – start a beehive, avoid pesticides, plant diverse flowering species, support local beekeepers.”
Their specialty honey is the perfect compliment to the rich chocolate in every bite. You can enjoy these muffins knowing that the your ingredients support species, habitat and humanity across the country.
SEE RECIPE BELOW
*Makes 12 muffins
For the drizzle:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons SAVANNAH BEE COMPANY PORT BOURBON
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Stir butter and honey together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and whisk to combine. Bring just to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in the salt and let cool.
- This will make about two cups. After drizzling, you should have plenty left over. Perfect for stirring in your hot tea, drizzling over ice cream, standing in front of the fridge eating it by the spoonful…the possibilities are endless. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
For the muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon SAVANNAH BEE COMPANY PORT BOURBON ORANGE BLOSSOM HONEY
- 3 ripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bar plus 9 squares chopped ENDANGERED SPECIES OAT MILK SEA SALT & ALMONDS DARK CHOCOLATE (obviously the other 6 squares are for snacking!)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 375. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, dark brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk honey, melted butter, mashed banana, egg, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add banana mixture to dry ingredients and use a fork to combine, until just mixed. Fold in chocolate.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely.
- When muffins are cool, drizzle as much or as little caramel over your muffins. Top with toasted almonds.