CHOCOLATE CHIP CARAMEL CHEESECAKES
We’re excited to share this recipe with you. It was submitted by @Emma_Godfreyy during our baking contest!
These chocolate chip caramel mini cheesecakes are vegan, refined-sugar-free, and gluten-free but so full of flavor you would never guess they are healthy. With a slightly tangy cheesecake filling dotted with ESC oat milk chocolate chips, a rich chocolate base, and a sea salt caramel sauce swirled on top these make the perfect no-bake sweet treat. They can easily be stored in the freezer for you to enjoy whenever the cheesecake craving hits. Simply let them thaw for a few minutes before tucking into a creamy, rich, and chocolatey (the more chocolate the better right??) mini cheesecake that will leave you feeling happy and satisfied.
See Recipe Below
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp ESC oat milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup ESC oat milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- Melted ESC oat milk chocolate chips from drizzling
- Blend the oats and almond flour in a blender until it forms a rough flour, then transfer to a bowl. Melt the coconut oil, chocolate chips, and maple syrup and add to the flour. Mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Divide the dough evenly among a well-greased muffins tray and press down firmly. Freeze while you make the filling.
- To a blender or food processor, add all the filling ingredients except the chocolate chips. Blend until smooth and creamy. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside while you make the caramel.
- To make the caramel, add the vegan butter, maple syrup, and sea salt to a pot. Let everything melt and simmer for about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. It should start to thicken.
- Remove the muffin tray from the freezer and divide the filling evenly over the bases. Swirl a spoonful of caramel onto each, then put them back into the freezer to set. (about 2-3 hours)
- Once the cheesecakes are set, remove them from the freezer. Pop each one out of the tray and drizzle with melted chocolate.