CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO MARTINI
Cheers to the most wonderful time of the year! Treat yourself or your favorite people to this decadent, smooth Chocolate Espresso Martini by our friend @TheBeetDrop.
The base of this cocktail is a chocolate sauce with two simple ingredients, 72% Dark Chocolate and your favorite non-dairy milk. Chocolate sauce adds the perfect holiday twist to a classic espresso martini.
One of the best parts of this cocktail is how creative you can be with your presentation and garnish. Consider swirling your glass or dipping the rim with melted Endangered Species Chocolate. You can also sprinkle chocolate shavings like Diane did in this recipe. Regardless, this Chocolate Espresso Martini is a show-stopper!
*Makes 1 martini
- 2 oz. espresso (chilled or room temperature)
- 1.5 oz. crème de cacao
- 1.5 oz. vanilla vodka
- 1 T. chocolate sauce (chilled or room temperature)
- 2 oz. plant milk (any kind works)
- Shake all ingredients together with ice and strain mixed drink into a glass.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and enjoy!
- 1, 3 oz. bar of chocolate – finely chopped (Endangered Species 72% Bold + Silky)
- 1 ½ cup soy or almond milk (unsweetened)
- Put finely chopped chocolate in a ceramic bowl. Set aside.
- Heat soy milk on stove until simmering. (Be careful to not let boil)
- Pour hot soy milk over chopped chocolate. Let sit for 5 minutes, without stirring at all.
- After 5 minutes, gently stir. After stirring gently for a few minutes, switch to whisking. Whisk until everything is incorporated and completely smooth.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.