CHOCOLATE MINT CREAMS
*Makes around 15 chocolates, depending on the size of chocolate mold or cupcake liners
- 1 ½ bars of chocolate, chopped into small pieces (Endangered Species Peppermint Crunch + Dark Chocolate)
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 T. milk (slightly warm)
- 1 T. agave
- 2 t. coconut oil (slightly warm)
- ½ t. peppermint extract
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the liquid ingredients.
- Add powdered sugar into liquid ingredients. Stir together until smooth. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once cream filling is done chilling, scoop it out into 1 tsp. size balls. Flatten balls slightly to make a disc that will fit into your mold, leaving a little bit of space around the edges. Place discs on parchment paper and let chill again in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Next, melt the chopped chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave in 15 second increments, being sure to stir well between each increment. Repeat until the chocolate is just melted.
- Scoop melted chocolate into your mold or liners. Use just enough to cover the bottom of your mold or liners, you want a nice thin layer.
- Place a mint cream disc in the center of each mold.
- Cover each with a thin layer of melted chocolate. Be sure to let chocolate run down the sides to seal in cream.
- Decorate with crushed candy cane pieces, cacao nibs, or sprinkles as desired.
- Finally, let set in the fridge until chocolate is solid, around 45 minutes. Store in an air-tight container.
- This recipe works with a silicone mold, mini muffin pan (with liners), or regular muffin pan (with liners) filling only about ⅓ of the way. Any shape or size will work. Simply adjust how much you fill each mold to create the size you want.
- The chocolates in these photos are 1.5” across and 0.5” tall. For a 1.5” mold I used around ½ tsp. for each of the top and bottom layers of melted chocolate.
- Once you have finished assembly, you can gently tap your pan or mold on the countertop to encourage the chocolate to flatten and smooth out the tops.
- 1.5 bars of chopped Endangered Species Chocolate is around ¾ cup.