CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER RICE CRISPY TREATS
There is no shortage of peanut butter chocolate recipes out there, but we think these vegan chocolate peanut butter rice crispy treats from @TheBeetDrop tops them all.
The brilliant combination of peanut butter, chopped peanuts and our 72% Smooth Dark Chocolate offers the perfect balance of not just salty + sweet flavor, but crunchy + chewy texture too. Now all we need is to be invited to a pitch in so we can bring along these easy-to-make treats for a crowd.
SEE RECIPE BELOW
*Makes 12 servings (or 9 extra-large servings)
- 2 bars of Endangered Species Chocolate (I used Bold + Silky Dark Chocolate)
- 5 cups rice crisp cereal
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup agave
- 2 T. plant-based butter
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup crushed salted peanuts
- Line an 8” square pan with parchment paper
- Put rice crisp cereal in a large mixing bowl
- Melt butter in pan over low heat.
- Add agave to the pan and stir together until combined.
- Add peanut butter. Stir to combine.
- Let this mixture cook on low for a 3 – 4 minutes, stirring frequently. It should start to thicken slightly but should still be a liquid when you take it off the heat. 6. Take pan off heat.
- Add vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the rice crisp cereal. Stir to combine. 9. Pour mixture into parchment lined pan. Press mixture down firmly to be sure it all sticks together. I like using the bottom of a glass of this, but you can also use your hands.
- Let set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Chop roasted and salted peanuts. Set aside.
- Fine chop 2 bars of chocolate.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 20 second increments. Stir well between each increment. Stop microwaving when there is still a bit of solid chocolate remaining. You should be able to get it to melt just by stirring well.
- Pour the chocolate over the top of the rice crispy treats. Spread out evenly with a spatula or the back of a metal spoon.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts on top right away while chocolate is liquid. 16. Let set in fridge. Once chocolate is firm cut into 12 squares and serve.
- If your finished rice crispy treats have been in the fridge for more than 2 hours, let sit out at room temperature for 20 minutes before cutting to avoid the chocolate breaking.
- These freeze well! Simply cut into squares and wrap them up thoroughly before freezing.
- These can also be made with puffed quinoa cereal