OATMEAL & CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIE BAR
Do you remember the days of brown bag lunches in elementary and middle school? Of course, you do! Who can forget the lunch table trades that occur between friends? Snack packs and cookies seemed to be the two things packed in lunches which could demand the most in trades, but there were a few lunch items you wouldn’t trade for anything.
There were always those days when trades would not even be considered for a favorite cookie. Crunchy oatmeal and chocolate chunk cookies are on that level of lunch bag value and will not only be a hit with your kids, but with everyone else in your family as well!
These oatmeal and chocolate chunk cookies have the perfect blend of crunch, thanks to the oatmeal and almonds, with sweetness and a slight hint of tart sensations from our Dark Chocolate with almonds and Cranberries bar.
Give us your review of this recipe in the comments below!
Oatmeal and Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bar
- ½ cup butter or trans-fat free spread
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup uncooked oatmeal
- ½ cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 3 oz. (1 bar) Endangered Species Chocolate Dark Chocolate with Almonds and Cranberries (Wolf), coarsely chopped into ¼ inch chunks
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- CREAM together butter and sugars.
- ADD egg and vanilla.
- ADD flour, salt and oats.
- STIR in almonds and chocolate (the mixture will be stiffer than a cookie dough)
- SPRAY an 8” square baking dish with the nonstick cooking spray. Put mixture into the baking dish and flatten with your hands to make an even layer *Handy tip – spray your palms with non-stick spray and this step is made VERY easy*
- BAKE for 35-40 minutes, until top is slightly browned. Let cool.
Makes 12 2” squares or 24 bars.