dark chocolate espresso brownies
Original recipe, words & images: Amy Manes (@bucketsofyum)
Who can resist a pan of gooey, dark chocolate brownies? How about espresso brownies loaded with fudgy chocolate flavor and melty chocolate chunks? These dark chocolate espresso brownies are just the thing you need if you are a chocolate and coffee lover!
Dark Chocolate Espresso Brownies
Recipe developed by Buckets of Yum – Amy Manes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 9-12 brownies
- 8 oz Endangered Species Espresso Beans + Dark Chocolate Bar (chopped)
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick)
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or chunks (optional for more chocolate flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chopped chocolate. Stir often until the butter and chocolate are smooth and fully melted.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and set aside to cool. Then whisk in the eggs until fully combined. Whisk in the sugars, espresso powder, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together until combined.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and gently mix with a spatula. Do not overmix (a few streaks of flour and cocoa powder are fine).
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips or chunks. Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let brownies cool on a wire rack in the pan before slicing and serving.
- Brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Enjoy! If you make this recipe, be sure to post it to your social media and tag us @eschocolate on IG and @EndangeredSpeciesChocolate on FB!