german chocolate cheesecake
Recipe & photos by @mmsescapades.
We have your next show-stopping, decadent treat coming right up! This German Chocolate Cheesecake uses our Fairtrade, lower sugar Oat Milk Chocolate to create a rich cheesecake filling. Pair that with an oreo crust and German chocolate cake topping; you’ve got yourself the perfect twist on a classic.
This recipe by our friends Mer & Meg explores the many ways you can use both our chocolate bars and baking chips to transform your next recipe. Our oat milk chocolate is Fairtrade, gluten-free, vegan and lower sugar. Plus, you can be confident in your choice to use us in your next recipe knowing that 10% of all net profits go toward supporting organizations that make a positive impact globally.
It is our mission to do good better and create an opportunity for you to spread joy even through the chocolate you purchase and bake with. If you’ve got ESC and this recipe, you are set to spark joy to anyone around you. Keep reading for the full recipe!
German Chocolate Cheesecake
Makes 1 cheesecake
- 30 oreos
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 – 3 ounce ESC Oat Milk + Dark Chocolate Bar, 55% Cocoa
- 1 – 10 ounce bag ESC Oat Milk + Dark Chocolate Chips, 55% Cocoa
- 1/2 cup strong coffee, hot freshly brewed
- 1 lb cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened flake coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place Oreos in a food processor and pulse until a crumb texture, add in melted butter and mix together well. In a 9 inch round springform pan, tightly press the mixture down on the bottom. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, remove and let crust cool. Turn the oven temperature down to 300 degrees
- Pour chocolate chips and break the chocolate bar into a double broiler. Pour hot coffee over the chocolate and melt the mixture, making sure the water is low enough and does not touch the bottom of the top pan. Once the chocolate is melted, set to the side
- Add cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt to a mixing bowl. Cream together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in one egg at a time, scraping the sides after each egg has been mixed in. When all eggs have been incorporated into the mixture, add in melted chocolate very slowly. Scrap the bowl again and mix for another 15 seconds to ensure the filling is smooth and all ingredients are incorporated together. Pour the filling over the crust and smooth out the top
- Bake the cheesecake in the center oven rack until just set, about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, when inserted into the center. Set aside and let cool
- Add butter, brown sugar, half and half, and light corn syrup into a pan. Over medium heat, melt everything together, continually stirring until the mixture starts to bubble
- Add in flake coconut, pecans, and vanilla. Mix together well and remove from heat. Spread over the top of the partially cooled cheesecake. Let cheesecake cool completely then place in the refrigerator overnight