raspberry lava cakes
Original recipe & images: Meg (@megsescapades)
Deliciously decadent and made with our NEW 60% Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, these Raspberry Lava cakes are as scrumptious as they are beautiful. The ingredients are simple, but the end result is simply stunning. Inside you’ll find a gooey raspberry and chocolate surprise center. What’s not to love?
And be sure to shop our newest chocolate chips SOON on chocolatebar.com. Cheers!
Raspberry Lava Cake
Recipe developed by Megs Escapades
Yields 9 lava cakes
- 1 – 10 ounce bag ESC dark chocolate baking chips
- 2 sticks butter, salted + extra to grease muffin tin
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- Cocoa powder
- In a large bowl add ESC dark chocolate baking chips and 2 sticks of butter, cut up into cubes. Heat the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave on high heat for 1 minute. Stir and heat the chocolate in 30 second intervals, mixing each time in between heating, until chocolate is completely melted.
- In a small bowl add 4 eggs and 4 egg yolks. Lightly whisk eggs together and add in vanilla extract. Pour the egg / vanilla mixture into the melted chocolate. Make sure the chocolate is slightly cooled before adding in the eggs. Sift flour and powdered sugar into the chocolate and mix until incorporated.
- In a muffin tin, grease 9 wells with butter and add cocoa powder to each well to coat the well. Discard any extra cocoa powder by turning over the muffin tin into your sink or trash. Add chocolate batter until half the well is filled. Spoon a tsp of raspberry preserves in the center of the batter and top with remaining chocolate batter to cover the raspberry preserves.
- Bake in a 425 preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until cakes are firm on the outside and have a slight jiggle in the middle. Set muffin tin on a cooling rack and let cakes cool for about 2 minutes. Place a cookie sheet over the muffin tin, while holding the cookie sheet over the muffin tin tightly, flip the muffin tin over the cookie sheet and set down onto the counter. Gently pull the muffin tin up to release the lava cakes onto the cookie sheet. Serve right away with powdered sugar, whipped cream, and fresh raspberries.
Enjoy! If you make this recipe, be sure to post it to your social media and tag us @eschocolate on IG and @EndangeredSpeciesChocolate on FB!