Recipe & photos by @mmsescapades.
It’s the time of year for parties, hosting and celebrating! We’ve got the perfect sweet treat for you to bring to any holiday party for an easy way to wow your friends, family and co-workers. This recipe for Turtle Candy is a must-save!
Our friends Mer & Meg explore the many ways you can use our chocolate bars to transform your next recipe. Our chocolate is Fairtrade, gluten-free, non-GMO and many flavors are vegan. Plus, you can be confident in your choice to use us in your next recipe knowing that 10% of all net profits go toward supporting organizations that make a positive impact globally.
It is our mission to do good better and create an opportunity for you to spread joy even through the chocolate you purchase and bake with. If you’ve got ESC and this recipe, you are set to spark joy to anyone around you. Keep reading for the full recipe!
Makes 12-15 turtles
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 ESC Bold + Silky Dark Chocolate Bars
- Optional: sea salt flakes
- In a 350 degree preheated oven, toast pecans on a parchment lined baking sheet for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside
- Add sugar to a saucepan and cook on medium heat, once the sugar begins to melt, stir with a whisk constantly until sugar is golden brown and completely melted through with no sugar crystals, remove from heat. Add heavy whipping cream one tbsp at a time, continuously whisking until cream is completely incorporated into the sauce before adding the next tbsp. *PLEASE be extremely careful during this step as the sugar is very hot and will produce steam when the heavy whipping cream is added. Once all cream is incorporated, place the saucepan back on the stove over medium low heat and stir constantly for 30 more seconds. Remove pan from heat
- Add toasted pecans into the caramel sauce and stir together. On a parchment lined baking sheet, drop spoonfuls of pecan / caramel mixture making clusters. Place in the refrigerator to set
- Break or cut the chocolate bars into small pieces. Place in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, power level 50 increments until completely melted, stirring in between each time. Remove clusters from the refrigerator and dip into melted chocolate until they are completely coated chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and set aside until chocolate has hardened. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator